Click below for more information


Programs & Services



Financial Concerns



   Data & Demographics


Contact Us

Hillsdale County residents are served by Region 2 AAA
* New *
FY14-16 Multi Year Plan & FY14 Annual Implementation Plan
2013 Community Needs Assessment
Population & Demographic Data




Each county has a State of Michigan Department of Human Services (DHS). This agency offers assistance programs such as Medicaid, food stamps, and adult home help to eligible low-income adults and their families. They also respond to situations of abuse, neglect, and exploitation of elders. Each agency has an "Adult Protective Services" division.

Branch County DHS

388 Keith Wilhelm Drive

Coldwater, MI 49036

Phone: (517) 279-4200

Fax: (517) 278-5346



St. Joseph County DHS

692 East Main

Centreville, MI 49032

Phone: (269) 467-1200

Fax: (269) 467-1229



Social Security Administration  1-800-772-1213

Administers Social Security programs, provides Medicare information, and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) assistance. Also on the internet at



Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program (MMAP)

Trained "counselors" provide information and advocacy on Medicare and Medicaid. Each county’s Commission On Aging (COA) has MMAP counselors.  800-803-7174


Michigan Pension Rights Project

Do you have questions about your pension benefits?  Receive FREE pension counseling from the Michigan Pension Rights Project, a program of the non-profit organization Elder Law of Michigan. Call Monday-Friday from 9am to 5pm to schedule a telephone appointment with an attorney. Call the Michigan Pension Rights Project toll-free at 1-866-735-7737



Michigan Department of Health & Human Services